Re: [RTTY] RTTY Screwed by FCC?

To: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Screwed by FCC?
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2006 12:02:19 -0400
I may regret chiming in, but digital does not necessarily
represent numbers.... it represents bits, which can be
configured (depending upon the application) to be numbers,
pixels, etc.

RTTY is merely 5 bits instead of 7 or 8. It is considered
digital because the bits shift. Thus CW, which is a two
bit code, if you will is digital from that point of view.

Phil - N8PS