Re: [RTTY] JARTS submission prob - One more resolved

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] JARTS submission prob - One more resolved
From: Robert Chudek - KØRC <k0rc@citlink.net>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 19:54:41 -0500
UPDATE:

Well with a rested set of eyes looking at my log, I found the problem, fixed
it, resubmitted the log, and got my acknowledgement that my log is "in the log".

This was a 1 in a million chance of happening... I should be so lucky in the
lottery...

The error I got back from the robot was "You have an error in line 454". Well
line 454 in my log was S51MA/QRP. Ah-ha! A slash character, it must not like
that /QRP crap. So I removed that one QSO line out completely and resubmitted.
The robot came back with the same message "You have an error in line 454".
WTF???...

I use SH5 to view my logs and it numbers the log entries. It was counting the
lines correct. The "new" line 454 was OO5D, the line that replaced the one with
the /QRP contact. And there wasn't anything wrong with that new line 454 entry!

Well this evening with the fresh look, it dawned on me, "Hey! maybe the stupid
robot is numbering the Cabrillo header lines too, stupid". (You decide.) I
counted 13 Cabrillo header lines, then went to my OO5D entry and counted 13
lines back. Sure enough, there was alpha characters in the sent RST report.
(The proper recipient of the term "stupid" has now been determined.)

So, I went back to the original /QRP'ed Cabrillo log, fixed the RST info,
resubmitted, and the robot isn't "stupid" anymore! It didn't even complain
about /QRP.

For those who wonder why I logged the QSO as /QRP... I was taught to log what
you receive, and that is what the station was sending. But I did immediately
log a forced DUPE without the /QRP suffix. So either way the log checking
program wants to see that call, it will be in my log - one duped, the other not.

My log serial number back from the robot was 257, if anyone is keeping score.

73 de Bob - KØRC in MN

Message: 2