[RTTY] Enter in macro's

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Enter in macro's
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2006 19:30:32 -0800
Hi all

I have always been a proponent of adding the {ENTER} at the beginning and
end and of the F2 or F4 macro's.  I now see what other people are talking
about when they say to leave them out.

When running 2 radios, I have 8 windows open on the screen.  That means that
the Digital 1 and Digital 2 windows are not very big.  I notice that some
people put 2 or even 3 {ENTER} at the end of their macro's.  If band
conditions are really bad, like this weekend, I may not get your callsign
the first time.  When it finally
prints right and I get ready to click on it, it jumps up 2 or 3 lines and is
gone.  Same way with the report.  An {ENTER} at the beginning is not bad,
but not at the end.

I tried just putting 3 or 4 spaces at the end of my F4 and F2 macro's and it
seems to work pretty well.

It looks nice to have a clean window to start printing the other station,
but if there are just a few spaces at the end of the macro, that works just
as well.  IMHO.  73

Tom W7WHY