Re: [RTTY] 160

To: "roy gould" <roy.gould1@verizon.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 19:49:12 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 01 Dec 2006 12:16:09 -0500, "roy gould"
<roy.gould1@verizon.net> wrote:

>When I was the Director of the CQWW RTTY, I one year added 160 so as to follow
>the other CQWW Contests.
>
>Well before and after the contests, the emails and letters were short of
>threatening.  RTTY on 160?  Are you NUTS!
>
>After discussions with the CQ gang we decided to drop it in future contests.
>
>Roy K1RY
>
>Roy Gould

Too bad. Perhaps there should be a dedicated 160 meter RTTY contest?

Which brings up another question: Has anyone ever worked all states on
160 meter RTTY? How about DXCC? The last time I asked this a couple of
years ago, nobody had.

Are there still a couple of firsts to be achieved in ham radio?

Bill, W6WRT