[RTTY] Possible call errors

To: "RTTY Contesting Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Possible call errors
From: "Dick-w0raa" <w0raa@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Jan 2007 06:58:29 -0700
If anybody in the RTTY RU this weekend has W0RA in the log, you either didn't
get the right call or you may be using an outdated Super Check Partial file.
W0RA is NOT active on the contest scene at present.  According to a friend of
his, he is now living in the Phoenix area and doesn't have any antennas up or
an HF rig on the air.

I worked a couple of stations this weekend that I had in my log and when I told
them they were a dupe, they said NO NO. UR NOT IN MY LOG.  So, as a courtesy, I
worked them.  A couple stations insisted I was W0RA and no amount of sending my
call "W0RAA" would convince them that they had my call incorrect.  I will work
the dupes, not a big deal.  But if you see W0RA scroll across your screen,
PLEASE, PLEASE, make sure you have the correct call.

If you are doing any Super Check Partial DTA files, make it a point to remove
W0RA from the list.  Don Hill, AA5AU has already done this.  If you are not
using an updates SCP DTA file, please do yourself a favor and download a new
one.

It has been a great contest thus far.  Hope to see you in the Contest.

73,

de W0RAA 599 CO CO