Re: [RTTY] 1A

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 1A
From: "Michael L. Thomas" <michael.l.thomas@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 20:44:54 -0600
Concerning the 1A4 fiasco on 20Ms Saturday, some have said that the
DXpedition should have had priority use of the bands. I guess I was absent
from class the day that rule was taught; this is coming from a DXer and an
avowed RTTY DXer at that. This contest, arguably the biggest of the year,
occupied a 30 hour window of the weekend and the solution was simple: 1) the
operation could have joined the contest as other DXpeditions have done over
the years, i.e. 3Y or 2) simply operated on the WARC bands for that time
period, again something many have done. Now everyone is happy. See you in
the next RTTY contest.
My 2 cents worth,
Mike
NA5U