Re: [RTTY] Round Up Cabrillo question

To: Earl <n5zm@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Round Up Cabrillo question
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 08:43:21 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 09:53:53 -0600, Earl <n5zm@arrl.net> wrote:

>I noticed that KL7WP in Oregon was not sending /W7.
>
>Will the cabrillo scoring look for a serial number or will their data base
>accept the [OR] that is in the QTH column?
>
>Should we edit the cabrillo file and add a /W7?
>
>Earl N5ZM..

I noticed the same thing. In my case, I was using the N1MM software
and it refused to log the QSO at first. After a moment's puzzling it
over, I realized it would not accept a KL7 call with a state as the
exchange. I added the /W7 to the call sign and then N1MM accepted it.

In other words, I would suggest changing the log entry and then
exporting the Cabrillo file. I doubt if the contest sponsors would
argue.

73, Bill W6WRT