[RTTY] I need to ask !

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] I need to ask !
From: Russell Blair <russell_blair86@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 05:59:16 -0800 (PST)
I have been reading all the posting about HRD and
MMTTY, and all the other radio interfaces for
contesting, Now the contesting I do is mostly RTTY
some CW, No SSB now did in the past. I only send in
check log, so I'm not bound by all the rules about
changes bands, power, antenns, cluster, I just like to
work all of you in the contest, and give you a
multplyer, new state, zone, and what ever I can, when
I can. To the meat of this question, for RTTY I use
MMTTY for years it logs that can be exported to other
formats, dups, changes bands for the log but you need
to be connected to the radio for band changes in the
log or you can do it your self if you dont forget it,
and it a stand a lone program. I have a 2nd monitor
that has the cluster on it.
Question : What do I gain by connecting it to say HRD
or any other program that displayes the radio on the
PC monitor. I'm not trying to be a wise guy but if it
can help me in contesting better more S&P, or just
calling CQ contest I need you input. C U-ALL in the
next RTTY contest. Russell NC5O

Russell Blair
QTH ========= Richardson Tx
CALL ========= NC5O