[RTTY] TS-450 FSK stuff, round 2

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] TS-450 FSK stuff, round 2
From: "Greg Davis" <n3zl.radio@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2007 17:06:30 -0500
Hi guys,

I've used my TS-450 for a few PSK QSOs now and it has been working
fine, so I've been looking forward to using the FSK keying for this
weekend's BARTG contest. However, I have been unable to make a single
QSO so far, so I listened to my trasmitted signal, and it sounds fine
but when the radio is transmitting down 2 KHz for some reason, for
example if it is set on 28.130, my signal is transmitting on (close
to) 28.128. I tried using RIT to fix the problem but that is not
working (Still no QSOs).

Any idea why it would be transmitting down around 2 KHz when there is
no XIT, split, or anything like that turned on? I don't see why there
would be an odd split like that in the FSK mode on the radio. I've
looked in the manual and I haven't been able to find anything about
it.

Thanks for all the help!

Greg
N3ZL