Re: [RTTY] Gripe of the Day

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Gripe of the Day
From: Graham Ridgeway <m5aav@btinternet.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 17:53:43 +0000
On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 09:37:38 -0800, "Fred Dennin" <fdennin@numail.org>
wrote:

>No "self spotting" is one central premise in virtually every major contest
>and should be understood that it is unacceptable.  However, it seems that
>lack of specificity in the rules is sometimes interpreted to mean that if
>it's not spelled out in the rule, then it's fair game.  Based on my quick
>review of the BARTG rules for this year, it does not expressly prohibit self
>spotting.
>
>Other committments kept me from playing in this one but for what it's worth,
>he/she should just submit a check log.
>
>73'......Fred WW4LL

Very debateable - by not spotting himself, by definition he was not
'self spotting' - however it could be construed as 'advertising for
qso's'

I think worse were the East EU stations taking up 500khz with hideous
signals - not counting the poor guy who at the outset was
chirping/drifitng some 300khz on each transmission.......somehow, when
I worked him [and tried to tell him] he was well over 150 Q's !

And I won't mention the Alligators <smile> Clean signals but deaf as
posts.

73 Graham M5AAV