[RTTY] RTTY/Power Kenwood TS-570

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY/Power Kenwood TS-570
From: "druokonen" <druokonen@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 06:11:13 -0500
The previous question regarding an Icom rig and runing 100 watts on RTTY brings
up my problem. I am runing FSK RTTY  with my Kenwood TS-570Sg and twice I have
burned out components in its internal auto antenna tuner. The manual with the
Kenwood states that the unit is cable of runing 100 watts RTTY. My repairman
states not to run more than 30-40 watts with this unit! I am currenlt runing 35
watts. My antenna is a 20' Force 12 flagpole (basically a vertical) fed with
RG8U and tunes easily on 20 meters with the auto tuner. My Yaesu FT-1000MP Mark
V Field also with auto tuner tunes this antenna easily as well. I realize that
RTTY is a continuous duty mode but it seems that if the rig's rf amplifier
circuit can handle 1oo watts RTTY that the self contained auto tuner should as
well? I would appreciate comments and wondering if others using this rig have
experienced similar problems? Don K3PRN