Re: [RTTY] tracking self-spotters

To: <pcooper@guernsey.net>, <radioman01@comcast.net>,<rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] tracking self-spotters
From: "Nelson Moyer" <ku0a@mchsi.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2007 13:46:33 -0600
I guess I can't see the harm in self-spotting on the clusters, except for
contest participants. I think it is a good thing on the low bands when rare
DX stations (defined as any entity I haven't worked) announce that they are
QRV. Disqualifying stations for self-spotting is a bit Draconian in my view.
This is a hobby! Why should cluster sysops want to enforce their biases on
others? Tracking and banning smacks of 'if you don't play by my rules, I'll
take my ball and go home'. Aren't we mature enough to play radio the way we
want to, so long as it is legal by FCC rules?

Nelson, KU0A