[RTTY] Thanks for the offers to help demo ham radio

Subject: [RTTY] Thanks for the offers to help demo ham radio
From: "Doug Hall" <k4dsp.doug@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 01:13:29 -0500
Hi RTTYers,
Thanks to those of you who volunteered to help demonstrate amateur radio to
the cub scout troop that visited my shack this evening. I ended up with 12
kids and 6 adults, so it was pretty crowded in the shack. N3ZL in SC came
through beautifully on RTTY, CW, and SSB, so the kids got a great demo.
Thanks, Greg! Things ran longer than planned and I never made it to 20m, but
I appreciate those who were ready on that band.

Besides planting some seeds with the cub scouts I now also have two scout
leaders who are really interested in getting licensed, so it was a good demo
all around. And the kids thought RTTY was cool - like Instant Messenger
without the Internet!

73,
Doug, K4DSP