[RTTY] RTTY contest

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY contest
From: "Grant Bright" <gbright@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 12:06:28 -0500
Hello to all and thanks for all the comments...and esp.
about line feeds. To just send the report and stop...leaves
one thinking and straining the old ears..."did he finish
transmitting?"

The most fun thing I heard was the Morocco station who was
"stuck" on CQing on 40m for over an hour...I left the second
receiver on that station to monitor band conditions--hihi

I had only 11 hours on Saturday and 1 hour on Sunday (the
honey do list does present itself at the worst of times),
but couldn't believe how "alive" the bands were...even 15m
Saturday and Sunday.

40m sounded like 20m, Saturday night from about 2300z on.

After not hearing a RTTY signal for days...those
diddle-diddles were music to my ears.

Phil and the rest of high number/hour stations...I don't see
how you do it...30 an hour was my top.

Have good antennas for 40m up...but oh that dipole on 80 was
no gud...have to fix that. Open to ideas--have one acre! If
you have a great antenna for 80, please email me directly,
gbright@bellsouth.net    Thanks!

Thanks to all for a great and fun contest!

73s,

Grant

W4OJC