Re: [RTTY] 160

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] 160
From: "Shelby Summerville" <k4ww@arrl.net>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 06:05:27 -0500
"Bill Turner wrote: "I would love to see such a contest, but I think a club
or similar
organization should sponsor it. I wonder if TARA would be interested?"

At one time, recently, TARA inquired, not sure if publicly or privately,
about 160 RTTY. My position remains the same: "few, myself included, have
efficient 160 meter receive antenna(s), and the "suggested" band plan
(1.800-1.810 for US RTTY), doesn't seem large enough to accommodate, even a
"domestic" RTTY contest"
I have no desire to debate the "suggested band plan(s)"!
Possibly, the NCCC Thursday practice could include 160 RTTY, allowing those
interested to get an idea of what could/would be accomplished during a 160
RTTY contest?

C'Ya, Shelby - K4WW