[RTTY] 160 Contest..

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] 160 Contest..
From: MRBILL1953@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Feb 2007 13:23:18 EST

In a message dated 2/18/2007 12:49:09 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
k4ww@arrl.net writes:

MRBILL1953@aol.com wrote: "As it was mentioned on here earlier TARA now
allows 160 Meter operation during its TARA Melee in December."

As  TARA Melee is patterned after ARRL RTTY Roundup, with no separate band
multipliers, I see no incentive in trying to make a few "close-in"  contacts?
I will agree that a separate contest, similar to Stew Perry  (using grids as
multipliers) could be interesting?

C'Ya, Shelby -  K4WW

Absolutely! The Melee is not designed for what all of you are after. But,  we
are getting INPUT. With all of us working together I feel very confident that
 this group of dedicated RTTY OP's  can get something together for a great
160 Meter contest. Keep your suggestions rolling in!

73 de NY2U Bill