[RTTY] W0YK NAQP RTTY Practice

To: "'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>,"'NCCC Reflector'" <nccc@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] W0YK NAQP RTTY Practice
From: "J. Edward (Ed) Muns" <w0yk@msn.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Feb 2007 20:32:27 -0800
Band    QSOs    Mults
 80      10       7
 40      12      11
-----------------
Total    22      18
Score = 396

Well, that was very useful ... thanks to all who got on and particularly
those who called me and tolerated my QLFness.  I debugged lots of problems
as I attempted to get the station configured from CW to RTTY.  Most of the
messages on one computer didn't match the keyboard overlay labels.  For a
few minutes one computer was reading the other computer/radio frequency
wrong and sending a QRV of 440MHz.  The physical Com port connectors on the
back of one computer didn't match the Com4-7 designators I thought they
were.  I didn't get that figured out until three minutes before the
practice, so there was no rig control or FSK/PTT until just before we
started.  I could only find one DXP38 here (I left two down in Aruba) and
didn't get it hooked up on one radio in time anyway.  I didn't have an
isolation transformer made up for one radio, so just ran the audio direct
from the Rig/NIR-12 into the sound card.  Etc, etc.  The experience really
had me appreciating the practice session.  Thanks again to everyone.  Hope
to CU tomorrow in the real NAQP.

73,
Ed - W0YK