Re: [RTTY] NAQP KK5OQ

To: Jerry Flanders <jeflanders@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] NAQP KK5OQ
From: <charlesw_anders@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 16:44:49 -0500
Hi Jerry,
 Sorry for delay but had to run into the .mil qth and fix an email server
problem.
It's the hygain aht18. Tip is at 54 feet. Radials put down last summer at 120
out each leg.
Forgot the total number of wires #10 solid. Biggest notice was on the lowbands
both sending
and receiving. Supposely about 5 db gain on the lower bands on the xmit side. I
believe it
looking at the logs but hard to gauge due to low sunspot cycle. I purchased the
coil for 160
meters but the one I got is limited to 150 out on that band. Also used on 75
meters.
Also lowered the dx angle some and noticed that also with dx stations worked.
Not sure you need one if you do not do 160 as you can just extend the elements
a inch or
so when you put it together for 75m. Cost is higher than most verticals but
performs well
on the low side. I have a problem on 15m apparently. Hopefully it is the ground
strap.
Anyway putting up a optibeam 12-4 next month providing I do not go on this
upcoming deployment.
Maybe I can at least get a certificate. Right now the only plaque's with my
name on them is the
ones I sponsor :(
73
charles/kk5oq