Re: [RTTY] RigExpert S/D with MMTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RigExpert S/D with MMTTY
From: Kari Hirvonen <kari.hirvonen@alpha.fi>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2007 09:27:50 +0200
The RigExpert SD works fine (even the FSK!)with the MixW Sw, but this
isn't a real Contesters program.

Unfortunately no way to get the Reaudio/MMTTY generating the FSK keying
with N1MM, Win-Test, Writelog etc. - sri

The only FSK solution is to use EXTFSK/LPT-port.

73  Kari OH2BP

As far as I know the other RigExpert devices such us Standard & Plus,
however output the FSK, too.

I've been in touch with mfr, no change to update the SD modell.

Don Hill AA5AU wrote:

> I'd be happy to help you Luciano if I can, but may need some help from others.
>
> I found a manual at http://www.mixw.net/RigExpert/re_manual.pdf and from what
> I can tell, it's possible the S/D will not do FSK with
> MMTTY.  But I'm not 100% sure about this.
>
> According to the manual, the S/D will work with MMTTY by using the REAUDIO
> driver under Win2000 and WinXP but supports only the
> following functions:
>
> AF IN/OUT
> CAT
> PTT
>
> It does not mention FSK.
>
> Perhaps someone else on the reflector can help?
>
> 73, Don AA5AU

                 Kari Hirvonen, Alpha Point Ltd (Alfa Point Oy)

            /\   Maatullinaukio 10 B, 00750 Helsinki, Finland
           /  \  kari.hirvonen@alpha.fi   (private: oh2bp@sral.fi)

    ___   /  /   Business http://www.alpha.fi

/  / \     \           Mobile: +358-50-68800

\  \_/  /\  \   /\     Office: +358-9-34 64 34 1
  \ ___ /  \__\ /__\    Fax:    +358-9-34 64 34 2
                        Skype   callto://karssu
                        Amateur Radio http://www.alpha.fi/oh2bp