Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 51, Issue 16

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Digest, Vol 51, Issue 16
From: Dennis Schaefer <dennisw5rz@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2007 16:25:38 -0600
Yeah - I'll admit CW contesting is pretty intense.   I am proud of my
CW ability and have copied 50+ WPM in CW competitions at
hamfests.    Also 302 CPM in RUFZ, which is not world class, but is
over 60 WPM.   Running a pileup on CW is exciting - but ....

RTTY contesting is the most fun I've ever had!   The strategy and
equipment considerations are equally important, maybe moreso.   I
intend to do a lot more of it.   I  continue to enjoy CW contests but
no one should run down RTTY contesting in front of me!    I see
several good CW ops on this list - like K6LL, etc.   Sure, it's a
shame we're all squeezed into the small space on 80, but we didn't
ask for that!

73,
Dennis  W5RZ