Re: [RTTY] CQWW RTTY

To: "Robert Chudek - K0RC" <k0rc@pclink.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQWW RTTY
From: "Andrei Stchislenok" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 19:21:10 -0500
Hello Group:
It is good to know in advance, I have time to change all my plans for one
week ahead.
Geee, I planned all: vacation (not too long in this country), tickets,
callsign, accomodation to the fourth weekend..
Imagine if someone came oversease for the Contest, just one week earlier,
and must go back just before the Contest starts.. funny..
Now I am changing everything, to the very Last weekend of September. It is
plenty of time still.
See you in CQ WW RTTY from HR-Land (call TBA)
73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

2007/3/20, Robert Chudek - K0RC <k0rc@citlink.net>:

> Ken
>
> AFAIK the CQ WW RTTY is always the 4th full weekend in September. Last
> year the contest started 0000 Saturday 23-Sep-2006. This year is should
> start 0000 Saturday 22-Sep-2007.
>
> But the variable is whether the contest manager considers a "full weekend"
> to be Saturday + Sunday or Friday + Saturday + Sunday. If the later, then
> the date would be a week later.
>
> In Minnesota a weekend is Saturday + Sunday and Friday is considered a
> work day.
>
> 73 de Bob - KØRC in MN
>

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 9
> Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 19:11:57 -0600
> From: Ken Eigsti <diverken@chaffee.net>
> Subject: [RTTY] CQWW RTTY
> To: rtty@contesting.com
>
> Hi
> Need some help as to the date of the contest in September.
>
> The CQ calendar (on my wall) says the 29th weekend in September and the CQ
> site says the 22nd weekend?
>
> Anybody know for sure which weekend it is? I emailed CQ magazine with no
> response.
>
> Thanks
> Ken W0LSD

73's Andrei