[RTTY] TARA SKIRMISH - DIGITAL PREFIX CONTEST NEWS

To: tara-n2ty@yahoogroups.com, psk-tara@yahoogroups.com,rtty-tara@yahoogroups.com, rtty@contesting.com, 070@yahoogroups.com,psk31@yahoogroups.com, greecepsk31@yahoogroups.com,digitalmodes@yahoogroups.com, digitalradio@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [RTTY] TARA SKIRMISH - DIGITAL PREFIX CONTEST NEWS
From: MRBILL1953@aol.com
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2007 22:43:05 EDT
Greetings:
Just a friendly reminder that the "TARA  Skirmish"  - Digital Prefix Contest
is coming up on April 21. I  hope  as many of you as possible will join us
for
TARA's second running  of this  contest and I really think you'll enjoy this
contest a  lot.

SPECIAL NOTICE:  The 3rd Annual PSK 31  Flavors contest is scheduled  for
this coming Saturday, 14 April  2007 from 12:00-18:00 YOUR LOCAL TIME.   This
will get you warmed up  for the Skirmish! I hope ALL of you will try your
best to support this  contest and if you have any questions direct them towards

Jay, N3DQU at  (_mailto:jbudzowski@peoplepc.com_
(mailto:jbudzowski@peoplepc.com) )
See the links below for more info.
Rules
_http://harvey.licht.home.sprynet.com/PSKFlavors/2007/2007RulesPost.htm_
(http://harvey.licht.home.sprynet.com/PSKFlavors/2007/2007RulesPost.htm)

TARA Skirmish--Digital Prefix Contest--sponsored by  Troy  ARA, 0000Z-2400Z
Apr 21. Frequencies: 160-6 meters, work stations  once per band.  Categories:
High, Low (<100 W), Great (<20 W),  QRP (<5 W), SWL.  Exchange: Name and
Prefix. Score: QSOs × WPX prefixes  × power multiplier. (High  ×0.5, Low ×1,
Great
×2, QRP ×3) Multipliers  count once per band only. For more  information:
_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_rules.html  or
_skirmish-manager@n2ty.org_ (mailto:skirmish-manager@n2ty.org)

.  Logs due May 19 via the contest score entry form at
_http://n2ty.org/seasons/tara_dpx_score.html.

Don't forget, this is the final contest for this year's  "Four  Season's
Tour'ney." It's going to be interesting to see  who  is going to take top
honor's in this year's Tour'ney. In the  TARA  Tour'ney, the contestants are
competing for the honor of emerging as  the  annual King or Queen of the
digital
modes. The scores to achieve this  are an aggregate of all their individual
Tour'ney credits  derived from  their scores from the four (4) TARA All Season
Contests. Each  contest is a  separate entity and has its own awards. The
results of each will be   displayed on the Tara Results web page where you will
find
the results of  all  the contests for the Tour'ney year as they are run. The
results so far  can be  seen at:
_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney_results.html

If you want to learn more about the Tour'ney please go  to:
_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_tourney.html

For all of you that love to chase awards TARA has you  covered! Back in  2004
- TARA proudly introduced its ALL NEW "Four  Season's  Awards Program" which
consists of the TARA-PX and the TARA  Grid  Awards. The TARA-PX is the only
Digital Prefix  Award  available since the WPX is SSB and CW  only!

The TARA-PX Award is a full service award  offering Mixed, RTTY and  PSK
certification. If you feel that you qualify for a non-listed  digital  mode,
please request that we review your  information.

The TARA-Grid  Award is an  excellent companion to our Four Seasons,
Grid-Dip
Contest. All contest  entries qualify for inclusion  in your TARA-Grid Award.
You need only  300 different four(4) digit  Grid Squares to claim your Basic
certificate.

In line with our OnLine  recognition program, you  will find all the
individual award  statistics on our Award Record Web  Site(s).  These can  be
accessed
below under each Award  heading.....another  system that  TARA is pioneering.
Your  operating prowess will be there for the entire  world to see, instead
of
only visitors to your shack.

Come check out our awards program  at:
_http://www.n2ty.org/seasons/tara_awards.html

With our new "Four Season's Contesting &  Awards  Program" we want to become
your  #1 contesting & award program  for  "ALL" seasons!

Thank You!
Bill Eddy, NY2U
President  of TARA(
_mailto:ny2u@n2ty.org_ (mailto:ny2u@n2ty.org) )

This contest is brought to you by:
TARA - Four Season's Contesting  &  Awards
Bringing you the very best in contests for ALL  Seasons!