[RTTY] FW: just to remind people

To: "RTTY Contesting" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] FW: just to remind people
From: "Dick White" <whiter26@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 09:16:29 -0500
I don't remember the DXpedition, but several years ago I worked a DX call
and he was the best op I have ever worked. He started out listening up 2 and
then moved up 2 every time he worked a call until he was up 10. Then he went
back down the same way. All anyone had to do was figure out what he was
doing and be in place 2 down or 2 up as he worked the band. He also ID'd
frequently. When the DX develops a pattern, the experienced DXer will be
able to work him. I have never worked another DX station with that pattern.
Still trying to find and work N8S on RTTY. If not this time, then the next
dxpedition.

Dick  KS0M

The best pileups are where the calling stations give their call once
and the DX works them immediately, says QRZ? and works another
immediately. That way the calling stations learn real quick to send
their call only once. It's pure pleasure to listen to an operation
like that.

I think what I would do, were I the DX, is to retune my RX up or down
while sending my TU QRZ? message. I would try to not ever work two
stations in a row on the same frequency. Tuning the RX off during the
QRZ? message allows me to grab the next station quickly and move on.

Maybe some day I'll get to test my theory on a real DXPedition. Heard
Island, anyone? Yum.

Bill W6WRT