[RTTY] New RTTY station...New setup.

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] New RTTY station...New setup.
From: Harold E Vine III <harold.vine@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 07:55:43 -0400
I have done some rtty contesting in the past.
I am what i would call a rookie. :-)

I just bought and set up a brand new ts-2000
complete with the fsk interface, using my rigblaster plus,
the correct fsk cable for it and i can send fsk using mmtty using the
extfsk plugin.

i really feel i have everything set right for working this weekends contest.

if the bands cooperate.

what i really would like if some here have the time, maybe tonight or
tomorrow night
is to set up a sked so i can test/tweak my station.

i have only worked one station, last night, on 30m.

everyone else i try to contact gives me qrz? repeatedly.

which leaves me wondering if my stock setup is working ok, or the bands
are really that bad, or if i have some setting wrong.

i dont think so, but you never know.
i did set the fsk mode in the ts-2000 for inverse, as i have read that
they somehow got that normal / reverse thing backwards.

anyways, i'd appreciate it if we can work something out so i know whats
a happening.

thanks much, and look forward to working y'all during the contests!
Harold
KD1ZX