[RTTY] JT65A

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] JT65A
From: "Scott Schultz" <scottaschultz@juno.com>
Date: Wed, 9 May 2007 17:02:53 -0600
Those tones really are JT65A. If you listen long enough, you will hear a CW ID
at the end of the transmission (at least one side of it) and what I heard was
K1JT, Joe Taylor. I sent him a not asking what mode it was and he confirmed
what we already know.

Scott N0IU
Here is his reply:

Hi Scott,

You heard me using the digital mode known as JT65A.  It is designed for
extremely weak-signal work -- primarily EME on the VHF/UHF bands -- but has
recently become popular on the HF bands, as well.  You can read about it and
download WSJT, the program that implements JT65, at
http://physics.princeton.edu/pulsar/K1JT/ .  You can read about HF use of the
program at http://www.obriensweb.com/bozoguidejt65a.htm .

-- 73, Joe, K1JT