[RTTY] A. Volta RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] A. Volta RTTY
From: "k0bx@arrl.net" <k0bx@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 12:00:01 -0700 (PDT)
I only had a couple of hours to work this contest and
only made 18 Q's.  I was on 20 meters rtty on Saturday
morning. about 9:30 AM (1430Z) and I had to turn the
Amp on to about 400 watts to even get the Europeans to
hear me.  Very slow going.

But just after 10 AM there was a surprise opening to
Asia.  I worked JA5JWQ at 1514Z, VR2XMT 1516Z, VR2XLN
1517Z and E21YDP at 1518Z.  Not bad for 4 minutes
work!! Signals were pretty strong, way better than
Europe.

St. Louis MO is in the black hole of the midwest and
Asia is rare.

You just got to be in front of the radio when the band
is open!

Joe K0BX

Stop the insanity!
Please do not add me to any distribution lists (Joke, Stories or Junk) without
my permission.