[RTTY] Upgrading?

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Upgrading?
From: ns5b@comcast.net
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 17:25:52 +0000
I would like some advice on what equipment is used nowadays for RTTY, and PKT.
I'm new to the list, but have been a ham for 19 years....and this question
probably has been answered hundreds of times.

I'm using a Kenwood TS-430, and also I have a laptop for logging. On the
laptop, I use DXLab, and have all of the modules installed. For now, I've only
used the DXKeeper logging program, but would like to make use of the other
modules as well.  I also have an OLD (was a little old when I got it in 1990)
AEA PK-232/MBX.  I ran it and the software on an XT machine with Windows 3.1
which ran great and had many RTTY contacts in my log.

Should I try and get this old AEA up and running again with WinXP, or upgrade
to a newer interface or sound card setup?

As far as the survey...

1. Speaker
2. Tuning indicator on unit

Best 73's