Re: [RTTY] Macro for the upcoming DL-DX contest

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@copper.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Macro for the upcoming DL-DX contest
From: Chris <frisco.kid@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 22:32:28 -0500
Bill-

My apologies...something stuck in my mind about the 49 second cq call
then I reread and saw what you added.

A call like you suggested will time out to be roughly 5 seconds if you
repeat your callsign twice.  Pretty close to your 49~50 seconds if you
repeat 10 times as you indicated.

Now assume a QSO looks like:

CQ (5 sec)
Answer with call sign twice (4 sec)
Exchange x2 (4 sec per if exchange and call sent once 8 sec total)
QRZ (3 sec if call sent 1, 4 sec pause for listen...7 total)

Quick Q is 24 sec...30 to 35 or more if items are repeated.

If an op can hold a 50 Q per hour rate, this means you use 1200
seconds on cq/q's if you keep a 1:1 if the Q is perfect (24 sec).
Repeated exchanges or calls can add drastically to the time.  Order of
5-10 seconds or more....

If you assume 30 sec's per Q average, and 60 Q's per hour, that leaves
3600 -1800 sec/hr or roughly 1800 seconds.  1800 seconds/9 seconds (CQ
call and listen before repeat for 4sec) is 200 Q's per hour plus the
60 CQs made per Q...

If you go to 100 Q's per hour and 30 sec average, you use 3000 seconds
and have 600 seconds left or about 67 CQ calls per hour with a 4 sec
listen window plus the 100 CQs made with Q's.

2k is reasonable...

Next time, I'll read better.

73-
Chris