Re: [RTTY] First K3 FSK QSO Tonight

To: "Bill Turner" <dezrat@copper.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] First K3 FSK QSO Tonight
From: "sjolin" <sjolin@swbell.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2007 11:13:55 -0500
At $1300, what rig is more capable?  And what do you mean by capable?  More
buttons to push, more bands to play with?  The K3 should compare to Orion
and Icom 7800 not mid range brands from the receiver standpoint.  It
definitely is not meant to compete with IC-746 pros. It should blow them out
of the water.

You don't need $840 worth of crystal filters. Those are roofing filters. If
you are into cw/rtty contesting all you need to purchase is one. You already
have one for ssb. Unless you are into AM or FM or want to have a lot of
extras, you can more than get by with the one additional filter.

73 de Dave, N0IT