Re: [RTTY] what mode is this?

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] what mode is this?
From: Kok Chen <chen@mac.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 11:01:48 -0700
On Jul 30, 2007, at 10:46 AM, Phil Cooper wrote:

> I would have thought it may well be MFSK16, as that mode seems to
> have moved
> down the band from the 14080 area.

Birds?  OK, perhaps one of the MFSK modes might sound like a flock of
migrating geese we hear in Oregon :-)

Bill had mentioned about 600 Hz wide, which means that it is neither
MFSK16 nor the common Domino modes, so I sent him a guess of Olivia.
But, in this day and age, who knows?  Could be something newly cooked
up just yesterday HI.

I used to describe PSK31 as sounding like "fingernails on a
chalkboard."  But that might not work with the generation born after
whiteboards!

73
Chen, W7AY