Re: [RTTY] Spotting RTTY frequencies...

To: rtty-contesting <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Spotting RTTY frequencies...
From: Richard Kriss <aa5vu@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sat, 01 Sep 2007 11:33:09 -0500

> Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2007 14:30:09 -0700
> From: "Jack West XP" <w7ld@theriver.com>
> Subject: [RTTY] Spotting RTTY frequencies...
>
> Hi All,
>
> Most of you probably know what I am about to say, but many ops new to RTTY
> do not.  All radios in ham radio are not equal.
>
> It is possible to have three different radios, all transmitting on exactly the
> same frequency, and all three radios have different frequency displays.

   snip

> My two cents..
> 73
> de Jack / W7LD / "Lucky Dog"

Jack W7LD,

Thanks for the posting that reminded me of some other AFSK examples

.... and then you have the operators like your example #3 that are running
AFSK RTTY in USB rather than LSB.  It really does not matter as long
as the operator knows how to log and spot the mark frequency.

.... and then you have some logging software that reads and logs the rig's
VFO and mode settings rather than the calculated AFSK mark.

73 Dick AA5VU