Re: [RTTY] CQWW RTTY

To: RTTY <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] CQWW RTTY
From: "Peter Laws" <plaws0@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2007 09:50:08 -0500
On 9/4/07, I2UIY <i2uiy@cqww.com> wrote:

> - please don't guess that handling the contest with computer equals
> submitting a perfect log. It is NOT true. We know that there are 2
> very popular contest programs that do not create the proper Cabrillo
> file unless you (very) carefully configure them. I did never used any
> of them but I know that this problem exists because in the past 2
> years we had almost 300 (yes, three hundreds) logs that gave us BIG
> problems (missing columns, switched columns, merged columns) and over
> 90% of them have been done with one of these 2 programs. My

Thank you for the timely reminder.

The best way to get the authors of these (possibly) defective programs
to fix them is to tell us which ones are causing you problems!

Even if users can generate good logs by "very careful" configuration,
the programs surely need updating so that incorrect logs are not
generated!

73 and thanks again,
Peter

--
Peter Laws | N5UWY | plaws0 gmail | Travel by Train!

"They that can give up essential Liberty to
obtain a little temporary safety deserve
neither liberty nor safety." - Ben Franklin