Re: [RTTY] FSK interface

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FSK interface
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Sep 2007 11:40:43 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Fri, 07 Sep 2007 14:16:45 -0400, Jerry Flanders
<jeflanders@comcast.net> wrote:

>It is surprising that interface makers don't try to add features to
>the basic circuit to improve their market standing. Feature
>competition usually helps sell your product.

I agree, except I believe the interface should be a USB port built
directly into the transceiver. Conntec that USB port to a USB port on
your computer and the software could control the transceiver without
any interface needed other than the one simple cable.

No doubt transceiver manufacturers are working on this. Hurry up,
guys. :-)

Oh, and please STANDARDIZE the control codes! (dreaming, I know)

Bill W6WRT