[RTTY] GU0SUP CQWW

To: "RTTY" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] GU0SUP CQWW
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 09:32:54 +0100
Hi all,

A pity the solar figures were so poor, as that definitely had a large
effect. 15 and 10m were both hard work, and the lack of States on 15m
certainly made a difference to my score.
The first day was quite disheartening in that so many loud stations just
weren't hearing me, but Sunday improved a little.

Good to see so many new calls trying RTTY, but I wish a lot of them would
learn NOT to call over an exchange in progress! This happened far too often
during the contest, and was clearly not just down to the fact that they
couldn't hear the exchange.

Not too sure who was operating at HC8N, but on 20m, they logged me as
GU0SUQ, so I left them out of my log!
Never did get the chance to work them again on 20m, so they missed out!
Got quite a surprise when I worked them on 10m at 1927UTC on Saturday
evening! I somehow clicked the wrong button, and instead of going to 20m,
went to 10m, and heard some RTTY. Tuned the signal to find HC8N calling CQ,
and got them easily!
I then tried 10m again on Sunday evening, way after sunset and worked SO9Q,
4O3A and UU7J, all with big signals.

Missed a few nice ones due to silly pile-ups, such as VU2LBW, BD7KLO and a
few others.
Was pleased to work D4C on 40, 20 and 15m, and also ZL and VK on 40m. Also
to work W0LSD in CO, and W7EJ in OR on 20m.
I guess one "highlight" was working 4O3A on all five bands! One other
pleasure was to work Tom KE1JF as he needed GU for his DXCC. And thanks to
Jorge HC1JQ for a new bandslot on 40m.

Here is my claimed score:
Single OP., All Band

         QSOs   Points  Zones   DX:     States
80m:      45    95      7       25      2
40m:     143    310     15      55      5
20m:     291    682     18      64      27
15m:      25    56      6       17      0
10m:       7    15      4       7       0
Total:  511     1158    50      168     34
Multipliers:      252
Claimed score: 291816

Thanks to all for the points and the fun, and my log will be on LoTW very
shortly.

Very best 73 all

Phil GU0SUP