[RTTY] RTTY/HamScope/set up de K6AK

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RTTY/HamScope/set up de K6AK
From: "Jim Rice" <jim.rice@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2007 09:19:13 -0700
Hi all

I am new to digital modes and am using an Icom 756 Pro, SignaLink USB,
HamScope software, and PC running Vista. My rig control is via Icom CT-17
civ interface and Keyspan USA-19HS USB to serial adapter. My SignaLink USB
is connected to the Pro's ACC Socket 1 in which (pin 3 SEND goes to ground
when transmitting).

Using this set up and HamScope everything works fine using PSK. However when
I try RTTY using HamScope I am not getting the SignaLink USB PTT to activate
the Pro's TX properly.  I certainly need help on the HamScope PTT control
set up and the RTTY TX / PTT set up, and the RTTY / Misc / Device ID set up.

At the moment when I select Ham Scope device ID# (minus 1) the SignaLink USB
PTT will activate, the Pro's TX is OFF, and the Ham Scope waterfall display
is working.  I tried the other device ID# and can't find one that will,
activate the SignaLink PTT, activate the Pro TX, and allow the Ham Scope
waterfall display to work.

Any help would be much appreciated, and I apologize for my "lack of
knowledge" regarding digital modes.

Thanks a lot!!

73 de K6AK Jim