[RTTY] RITTY vs. MMTTY

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] RITTY vs. MMTTY
From: "Grant Bright" <gbright@bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 17:19:32 -0400
Hello Rtty People,

It was lovely to hear so MANY RTTY signals from 80m to 10m!

The CQ WW contest was good from Georgia to EU, and SA. I
never heard anyone from the middle east or Asia. Even 80
meters was nice to EU Saturday night.

In reading the problem with DX copying the abbreviations, I
wish I had thought to spell out G E O R G I A. That will "on
my list for next year."

Many stations transmissions would just end after the
zone...no k, bk, or call sign... . That makes it hard on the
weaker stations to know just when the tranmission is over.

I have used RITTY (v.4.53) and an ST8000 since 2002. I keep
a computer that has an ISA slot just so I can run RITTY. I
run two rtty windows in Writelog, so I can see the print
between the two. RITTY catches a word now and then that the
Hal misses.

When I have tried to run MMTTY and the ST8000, MMTTY seldom
catches any word the ST8000 misses.

But there is a new version of MMTY called MMVARI. The copy
is much improved, seems crisp, fast, and accurate. I will be
looking more at MMVARI which also does additional modes--and
there is an "engine only version."

It is available on the same site
http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/ as all the other swell
programs by JE3HHT