Re: [RTTY] MMVARI

To: "VE2FWW" <ve2fww@globetrotter.net>, <RTTY@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] MMVARI
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 18:21:58 +0100
Hi Noel and the group,

I too have a copy of MMVARI, but that main obstacle is that it is only AFSK.
I have used it to monitor RTTY stations, and my experience is that it copies
just as well as MMTTY. I have found that even two instances of MMTTY (with
exactly the same settings) can often print differently, so I am not sure
that direct comparison of MMTTY and MMVARI side-by-side is that valid.

The other quirk that I can't quite get to grips with is that the print seems
to be a little behind in MMVARI.
When I had both programs open, therefore copying the same (strong) signal at
the same time, I could see MMTTY printing in time with the tones, but MMVARI
had a definite delay, and was still printing the text after the tones had
dropped.
I guess it may be something to do with the processing going on in the
software?

Anyone else noticed this??

73 all

Phil GU0SUP