[RTTY] xx9xx is not the same as xx9xx/8

To: "RTTY List" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] xx9xx is not the same as xx9xx/8
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 21:29:48 -0500
I couldn't figure out why many qso's with rtty contesters were not showing
up as LoTW qsls.

I spotted something.
People are not uploading their logs....with the callsign they used in the
rtty contest.

If you are working a contest, and by rule must use a /callzone such as
xx9xx/6, then that's the way I log it.
And that's the way I must upload my log to LoTW.
But if you upload the log using your xx9xx certificate, never the twain
shall meet.

If your contest log showed the station with a /#
You can obtain a certificate for that log, using your present certificate as
the base.
When you download the new-additional certificate with the call plus /#, that
is the certificate you use for those log files.

I knew something was funny when some well known, very active contesters were
not showing up in my LoTW QSLs. I knew I had 80 meter rtty WAS but was
missing some states from known LoTW users.

And remember guys....you can still upload those logs when you get your new
certificate for the callsign plus /#
No problem to reupload...you may make some guy who has been waiting for that
WAS state qsl very happy.

Misers are hard to live with but they make great ancestors.