Re: [RTTY] Soundcard Query

To: "Contesting" <contesting@m5aav.org.uk>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Soundcard Query
From: "Phil Cooper" <pcooper@guernsey.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2007 11:18:32 +0100
Graham,

As has already been mentioned, it could well be a BIOS thing, but should be
easily solved.
However, when I did mine (some while back now), Windows had just
"de-assigned" it, and it only took a trip to the Control Panel to sort it
out. In there, click on Audio & Sound Devices, and just try selecting the
drop down box and choosing which soundcard you wish to use.

I too have an AC97 on-board card, and added a Soundblaster, which is what I
now use for all my radio work.
The AC97 is solely used for the Windows noises, and also any alerts that may
come up.

I am not sure about MixW, but in MMTTY, you need to play around and see
which soundcard is which, as they are labelled -1, 1, +1 etc.

Another potential problem is that Windows appears to use a "soundmapper"
facility, and although you have the right card selected, it will "map" sound
to the other card.
I had this problem with a version of WSJT, and was unable to use it until a
newer version came out with the ability to actually specify which channels
were used for in and out.

Good luck, and enjoy the second card!

73 de Phil GU0SUP