Re: [RTTY] JARTS ZS2EZ

To: zs2ez@axxess.co.za
Subject: Re: [RTTY] JARTS ZS2EZ
From: "Andrei Stchislenok" <asnp3d@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 20:59:53 -0400
Hi Barry and all:
I was glad to work you on 40, 20 and 15 meters!
If you are looking for the next RTTY Contest, please dont forget about:
OK RTTY on December 22nd, 2007. This is nice 24 hours format RTTY event with
many stations participating.
We hope to see you there, and, if you change your mind about "QTC concept" -
in WAE RTTY DX Contest as well, hi. Looking forward to QSO with you on 10
and 80 meters, Barry.
Good luck with Nevada RTTY!

73's Andrei EW1AR-NP3D

This is nice 24 hours Contest
2007/10/22, Barry Murrell <zs2ez@axxess.co.za>:

> A rather unusual but very enjoyable weekend!!
>
> Things started in disastrous fashion - I slept through my alarm (had
> planned
> to start operation at 02h00 UTC - 4am here), then when I finally got on
> the
> air I found that I had RFI problems on 40m as soon as I tried to run the
> amplifier. Desperate searching and testing identified the problem as the
> USB-Serial adapter cable running to my second HF radio (not even switched
> on!!) Once I got going, I found 40m to be in relatively poor condition.
> 80m
> was worse - absolutely nothing heard. By the time I left for work at
> 06h30Z
> I had a miserly 10 stations in the log.
>
> Upon arrival back from work just after 09h00Z I got going on 15m, and
> found
> conditions to Europe quite good. This however did not last too long, and
> it
> became a long, slow battle to build a semi-respectable total. 20m also
> offered slim pickings, and by the end of Saturday it looked almost
> impossible for me to better the previous year's total. Only highlight was
> working NL7V on 20m - first time I have worked Alaska in a contest!
>
> Sunday started slowly, with 40m offering limited opportunities. By the
> time
> I left for work 15 and 20 were still dead, so I was not very optimistic
> upon
> my return. For the first 30 minutes things were quite quiet, then 15m
> really
> opened up! Despite having to ask for several age repeats I was enjoying a
> rate of 70-80 per hour! 15m then faded out quite spectacularly just after
> 13h00Z, and by 13h45Z only the biggest signals were still audible.
>
> 20m took awhile to liven up, but when it did it was in stark contrast to
> Saturday - good signals, and another very pleasing run, saw my total sail
> past last year's, still not a huge score by international standards but a
> pleasing result considering my location and station!! Highlights of
> Saturday
> were definitely working KL8DX in Alaska (his LOTW confirmation gives me
> WAS
> via LOTW, now only need NV for RTTY WAS!!!) and J88DR for a new one.
> Lowlights were the number of stations who insisted on calling when I was
> trying to copy exchanges, and the PACTOR signal that squashed several Q's
> on
> 14.105!!
>
> Thanks to all those who heard and called me!! Looking forward to the
> Roundup
> in January!! (Won't be in the WAE - don't like the QTC concept at all)

>   40:   29   86    14
>   20:  120  355    53
>   15:  242  721    47
> Total:  391 1162   114  Total Score = 132,468
>
> Log has been uploaded to LOTW, paper QSLs are welcome!

> [...]

73's Andrei
EW1AR-NP3D
WAS RTTY #455 (all via LoTW)