Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] SO2R Category

To: "'Junior'" <charlesw_anders@bellsouth.net>,<cq-contest@contesting.com>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] SO2R Category
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2007 08:17:56 -0500
kk5oq writes ...

> Bigoted, racist comments Subich made about living in "1060"
> Mississippi however had nothing to do with so2r. He does not
> know what he is talking about.
>
> I would not purchase a product from such an individual.

Your comment has no place in this discussion.

The anti-SO2R jihad by W6WRT to put SO2R operators in a separate
place (a virtual ghetto) are what is bigoted.  They represent
nothing less than the radiosport equivalent of segregationist
attitudes of the 1960's South.  It is a simple minded "I don't
want 'their kind' (anyone different) in my neighborhood" mentality.
"Separate but equal" was not appropriate for public schools in the
1950s, for public accommodations in the 1960s or housing in the
1970's and it is not an appropriate way to deal with operators who
choose to make use of their "back-up" rig during a contest.

If you can't see the parallels between the dark days of dealing
with those who were perceived to be "different" and the attitudes
of the anti-SO2R jihadists of today, it is time for you to spend
some time in diversity training.