[RTTY] JRC-245 Hookup

To: RTTY Reflector <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] JRC-245 Hookup
From: Phil Sussman <psussman@pactor.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2007 04:17:10 -0500
Greetings,

I am attempting to hookup RTTY to a Japan Radio JRC-245.

I've tried both the front microphone jack and the rear accessory jack.
Apparently if the rig is in the "RTTY" mode, the rig is governed
by internally generated FSK (mark & shift set in setup menu) and
controlled by a line at the accessory jack.

The manual is woefully inadequate when it comes to the 25 pin
accessory jack. There are both audio inputs and outputs shown,
but the keying is Pin #1 or Pin #13?? I assume that PTT is
achieved by applying a ground, but at what capacity. Transistor
not working it. Also, what pin causes a shift.

Also the schematic shows wiring to pins #1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10,
13, 14, 15, 16, 19, & 25. Grounds are 5, 10, 15, & 25. I haven't
got a clue what the other lines do. I can't achieve a shift and
can't key up except manually on the front panel PTT switch.

If the manual isn't wrong, it sure is incomplete!

Any assistance greatfully appreciated.

Meanwhile, Happy Holidays!!!

Phil - N8PS