Re: [RTTY] Receiving RTTY on Sub VFO on FT1000MP?

To: "'KT0DX'" <kt0dx@earthlink.net>, <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] Receiving RTTY on Sub VFO on FT1000MP?
From: "Joe Subich, W4TV" <w4tv@subich.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2007 01:45:19 -0500
Steve,

The general answer is yes.  The main receiver audio in the
FT-1000MP (and Mark V) is on the tip of the AF Out jack,
the subreceiver audio is on the ring.  Connect that jack
(in stereo) to the sound card - line in - of your computer.

You can use any of several programs capable of stereo (dual
channel) receive - including MixW or you can use two copies
of MMTTY or MMVARI.  In any case the software is configured
to decode the two audio streams one on the left channel and
one on the right channel.  The easiest system to use is FSK
(RTTY in the FT-1000MP) while tuning the particular receiver
for the standard audio tones (typically 2125/2295).  In that
case you can answer a caller on either receiver by simply
selecting that VFO for transmit.

73,

   ... Joe, W4TV