Re: [RTTY] FSK Shift Question

To: 'Tom Martin' <tmartin@chartermi.net>, rtty@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [RTTY] FSK Shift Question
From: Art Searle W2NRA <w2nra@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2008 17:08:39 -0500
Hi Tom,

It is probably not the shift (the difference between the Mark and the
Space) that is the problem.  Almost everyone uses a shift of 170Hz.  By
default MMTTY uses a Mark offset of 2125.  That would be the 2125 - 2295
tone pair.  If your rig is set up for a different pair then your TX will
be off frequency from you RX.  Most Yaesus have the option of 2 tone
pairs.  Look in your manual and find the setting where you can change
this.  Try this first.  If your rig can do this then you have to change
the Ham Default in MMTTY to match your rig's setting.

73 Art W2NRA
"Keep to the code!"
w2nra.com