Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] RTTY Reflections

To: "Peter Laws" <plaws@plaws.net>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] [CQ-Contest] RTTY Reflections
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2008 07:28:44 -0800
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:35:14 -0600, "Peter Laws" <plaws@plaws.net>
wrote:

>Really?  Then why all the attempts to control the characters others
>put in their macros?   I get annoyed at folks that have '/' in their
>exchange or the full state name, but hey, that's ultimately their
>problem not mine.  People will eventually find out what works FOR
>THEM.

These attempts to "control" what others use in their macros are only
to help speed up the exchange a little. Unlike phone or CW, one can
not just ignore the extra "/" or whatever because RTTY contesting
programs are designed so you can use the mouse to click on the
exchange. If the exchange is not formatted correctly, it won't click
and the entry has to be made by hand. When 99% of the stations are
"clickable", you are naturally going to want to help the 1% become
"clickable" too.

73, Bill W6WRT