Re: [RTTY] ARRL RU Rules violation

To: "'Ted Huf'" <ted@w4ze.com>,"'Junior'" <charlesw_anders@bellsouth.net>,"'RTTY'" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] ARRL RU Rules violation
From: "Don Hill AA5AU" <aa5au@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2008 18:17:42 -0600
With WriteLog, I don't have this problem because I've used it so much I
automatically hit the space bar without even thinking about
it.

But there is a solution.  You can get rid of the RST field altogether.  The
only time you need it is when someone sends you a report
other than 599, which happens but it quite rare.

In WriteLog, go to the Contest menu and to "Exchange format setup".  When asked
if you want to initialize all fields, press NO.

In the Exchange Fields column on the left-hand side of the "Edit QSO Exchange
Fields" window, left click once on RCV to highlight
it.  There will be a check mark in the "Prompt. Include in QSO entry prompt"
check box; uncheck it.  Click SAVE, then click OK.  The
RST field is now no longer in the Entry Window but is still in the log.  If
someone sends you a report other than 599, log the QSO,
then edit the log entry by double clicking the 599 in the RCV column of the log
and type in the correct exchange.

73, Don AA5AU
http://www.aa5au.com
http://www.rttycontesting.com