[RTTY] Cut numbers and cut QSO's

To: RTTY@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Cut numbers and cut QSO's
From: Roger Cooke <roger@g3ldi.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 11 Feb 2008 14:37:54 +0000
Hi.

  I also correct the 1 to 001 in the log here, the same on CW. However,
the rules call for a THREE figure
number and we should all abide by those rules. Cut numbers are used on
CW, but using just one figure
can throw you if you are expecting three!
  The same with the "cut" QSO, as Phil, GU0SUP stated in his Email. I
have had a few of those, and I am
afraid I do discard them. Technically they are not even a QSO if no
acknowledgement is received.

  If these are ideas of "saving" time again in contests, then why have
contests in the first place. We should
not take them that seriously, the hobby is about having fun first in my
opinion.

73 de Roger, G3LDI