[RTTY] Notes on NAQP-LoTW-Maine

To: <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: [RTTY] Notes on NAQP-LoTW-Maine
From: "Robert Montemerlo" <montemerlo@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 15:38:06 -0500
NAQP notes from the frozen east...

You have got to love the versatility of a radio wave!

It shows that you may need skill, equipment, and location (or any
combination) to
win but you can have a blast with just about anything.

I operated about 1/3 of the way up the north side of the 4237 foot
Sugarloaf Mountain. The second highest in Maine. That takes my doublet and
G5RV
and blocks the first 30plus degrees to the entire USA.

The valley that I am in points to Europe and Washington State (into which I
have
a pipeline).

Result: most of the east coast is blocked except for 40 & 80 meters.

Sorry Andrei 10mtr is not in the cards from here (I couldn't get to you on
20)

Still I got 356 contacts from all states except ND, MS, HI, & MT.

Especially I want to thank NX7F, WY7LL, W7RSJ, AL1G, & KL8DX for logging me
in WY,
AK, & NV since all use LoTW!!!

Still missed Montana on the W1SLF Club call....

Had to rebuilt my PC up here last week due to a fried PS but I got it up in
time.
I also logged 3 other operators from Maine. Great news the more the
merrrier!

Really like the contest because with the Low Power this is one of the most
well behaved
and courteous contests I have been in.

Thanks to all.

73
Bob KB1JZU (trustee W1SLF)

PS Also logged VP6DX with 100 watts as W1SLF on 80, 40, 30, 20, 17  in SSB &
RTTY
    If you haven't got them your aren't trying very hard