Re: [RTTY] RTTY Pileups AFC or RIT?

To: "RTTY Reflector" <rtty@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [RTTY] RTTY Pileups AFC or RIT?
From: Bill Turner <dezrat@copper.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 18:16:39 -0700
ORIGINAL MESSAGE:

On Tue, 25 Mar 2008 19:25:19 -0000, "Dave Hachadorian" <K6LL@ARRL.net>
wrote:

>My question is: Would I have been better off using AFC to
>sort out the stations in the pileup? Any other thoughts on
>the best way to sort out an on-frequency pileup (not
>split-frequency)?

If you are using MMTTY, I would recommend using AFC and let MMTTY sort
them out. MMTTY will tend to latch on to the strongest signal and it's
best to work the strongest one first and get them out of the way. You
don't want to be trying to work the weak ones when there is a strong one
calling you.

I am sure there will be an occasional exception, but that's how I'd do
it most of the time.

73, Bill W6WRT