[RTTY] Not just for RTTY

To: rtty@contesting.com
Subject: [RTTY] Not just for RTTY
From: Phil Sauvey <akdxer@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 5 Apr 2008 12:29:43 -0700 (PDT)
In reference to the thread below, I received an e-mail from Nels, W0TUP, whom I
have worked recently on RTTY back on 03/23/2008 during BARTG. He noticed that I
needed ND on CW for my last state. We set up a sked and I was very thrilled to
work him on CW this morning (just a few minutes ago). So, ironically, RTTY got
me my WAS-CW-LOTW. Andrei, NP3D also mentioned in an e-mail Nels would probably
be the one to help me out, too.

Thanks to Nels for making my weekend. Bands are pretty poor in Alaska today and
I am hoping to be working some RTTY in the contest if things open up. RTTY ops
are first class and that is one of the many reasons I so much enjoy this mode.

Thanks!
Phil
KL8DX

Phil Sauvey <akdxer@yahoo.com> wrote: Congrats, Bob!!  I am at 49 states with
LOTW-RTTY, only needing WV. I am also 49 states on LOTW-CW, only needing ND. I
am 49 on LOTW-SSB but I have not taken the time to see which one of the SSB 50
I am missing yet. I check LOTW every few days but just keep seeing those same
ol 49's showing up. Someday soon I'm sure. I have applied and received my Basic
award and sure like the new design.  Hope to catch you in the next RTTY contest!

73,

 Phil

Robert Montemerlo  wrote: Just received ARRL RTTY WAS #574 for W1SLF at
Sugarloaf Mountain in Maine.

100% LoTW which took 2 NAQP contests and two skeds to complete the entire
thing electronically. Nothing but 100 watts, a doublet, and some extra time
over the winter months.

The certificate is a new design from mine (#435). It is now laid out in
landscape mode and is a bit more colorful. Just a sight change but I like
it. You can see a copy up on the W1SLF web site via QRZ.com. I don't know
when it was updated.

Thanks to all who worked W1SLF. I usually post a note here when it goes
active (most of the winter and occasionally in the off seasons)

73
Bob KB1JZU (Trustee W1SLF)

PS Of 172 countries logged to date by W1SLF 86+ have confirmed via LoTW and
I expect more to clear. Got to love it but I still automatically QSL all DX
via the Bureau.